Hey there, I’d like you to get all comfy for this cause it’ll take a while but surely worth it.
Matthew is the first Gospel and I really love it. Look, let me put it out there that the devil has tried but he will always fail so don’t give him the power to succeed. Never.
- First of all, I’d like to let you know that you should always pray for everyone everyone around you. The devil tried to stop the birth of Jesus but like I told you, he will always fail. To God be all the glory! Remember when Herod ordered that all male borns age 2 and below be killed just because he wanted to kill Jesus in Matthew 2:16? Look, the enemy will kill a thousand just to get to a child of God. Accidents? Plane crashes? Honestly, it could be just one person the enemy was aiming for. The enemy will go so extreme to hurt anyone just to get to you so pray, pray for every single soul around you!
- Matthew 3:2- John said, ‘Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is anyone hand!’ Some people want to give their lives to Christ cause they fear that eternal lake of fire, did someone read eternal? Yes, F O R E V E R! Now that’s a good reason really but let’s change our perspective for a bit, come on… It says for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. This is not just a Kingdom you can enter and say ‘take-me-to-your-leader’, you HAVE to be pure in heart and poor in spirit. Matthew 5:3&8– “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” and “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” You see? You cannot cannot just enter like that, and the first step to being pure in heart and poor in spirit is to repent. Now, how about giving your life to Jesus so you can see all His glory and worship Him forever? Sounds like a good deal to me!
- Temptation, temptation, temptation. This good ol’ fella! Let me tell you a lil something, *whispers* you’ll always be tempted. Jesus was tempted 3 times at a go but you know what he told Satan? ‘Gerrarahere mehn!’ Okay not that, lol, but you get the drill (never thought I’d ever say that) and we pray, ‘Father, lead us not into temptation. ‘ It will definitely come but we need to keep praying for the grace not to be led into it. Also, in His temptation, Jesus said, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’ ” Brethren 👏👏👏 it was written before, it is written again (I literally just sang this with Same God tune by Tye Tribbett). Anyway, some of y’all tempt God but I have to tell you, be careful yo!
- One thing I kept noticing as I read about Jesus was the word ‘immediately’ asin sharp sharp, right there, no delay, as e dey hot 😂 like He healed the sick, raised the dead, made the blind see, all those wonderful things immediately when it was needed. Now some of us is ask God for things we don’t need, true? When you pray for something and don’t get it when you want it, be patient cause God knows best nd will give it to you immediately when He knows you need it in ways you didn’t even expect and probably something better than you asked for. He has said in Matthew 21:22- And whatever you ask in prayer, believing you will receive.
- Lastly, talking about the Parable of The Sower in Matthew 13. It says there are 4 kinds of people who receive the Word of the Kingdom.
- The ones who don’t understand it and so the wicked snatches away what’s in his heart (the ones by the wayside.)
- The ones who receive the Word with joy but have no root in them and when tribulations and persecution arise because of the Word, they stumble immediately (the ones planted in stony places.)
- The ones who hear the Word but the cares of this world choke the Word and they become unfruitful (the ones that fell among thorns.)
- The ones who hear, understand, bear fruits and produce (the onesthat fell on good ground.)
A lot of us fall into different categories but let’s pray for the grace to be the good ground in Jesus name. Amen.
Hope you gained something? If not, I should be flogged😐😢
Till next time on the Gospel of Mark, remain blessed. Toodles!
-Anesi Igebu ❤